A members directory can help your members see and connect with each other. It can be public or restricted to members-only and easily managed through Airtable. Here’s an example Members Directory.
- Create a new page in your app/site
- Name the page Members Directory
- Select the user group “Members” to restrict access from the public (optional)
- Click on Add Section to create a data listing
- Select a listing layout for your members
- Hover over the new section and select Edit Listing
- Select create listing for… Anyone (This option enables all members to view the same list).
- Select your Airtable base and table that contains your member data.
- Switch to Permissions and add an access rule to restrict access to a user group. You can also determine who can create, edit or remove members from the directory (Optional).
- Switch to View Settings and select an Airtable view from your table (optional). This will display members using the view.
- Switch to Filters Settings and create filters using Single or Multiple Select Fields (optional). This will create dropdown filters for filtering your members by. E.g. Position.
- Switch to Search Settings and select which fields are searchable. E.g. Name, Company
- Save and continue
- Select the fields to display for the listing. You can learn more about updating the appearance detailed view and card template options here.
- Select Save and Continue when you’re ready.
- Build out your detailed view using a collection of blocks
- Select fields to display in the block similar to the card view.
- Click Save when you’re ready.
That’s it your Members directory is now ready!